Printing, scanning and copying as of 1st February 2021
From 01 February 2021, printouts can be picked up, scans and copies can be made in the entrance area.
Please follow the instructions for making printouts.
The service is available from Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 16:00.
How to print something?
- Save the desired document as a PDF file.
- Send an e-mail from the university e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach all PDF documents to be printed.
Only e-mail addresses of the OVGU are allowed. E-mail addresses from freemailers such as Gmail, Outlook and others will be rejected.
- The receipt will be confirmed by e-mail. IMPORTANT! Click on the link in the email within 24 hours to confirm the print job.
- Log in to the web portal with your university account and confirm the print cost. The credit will be debited only after the printout.
- After the confirmation of the printing costs, the print job can be released for printing within 72 hours in the URZ.
IMPORTANT! Your student ID card is required for the release of the print process!
Information and restrictions for printouts
- The recognition between black and white pages and color pages is done automatically.
It is not possible to specify "Print in grayscale (black and white)".
- Printouts are printed on two sides only (duplex).
A one-sided printout is not possible.
- All pages of a document are printed.
It is not possible to select specific pages.
- Password protected documents cannot be printed.
- Printouts are made only on standard paper.
- Only A4 printouts are possible.
- After logging on to the printer in the URZ, the printout is made automatically.
Frequently asked questions
I get the message that my e-mail has been rejected.
An e-mail address from a freemailer such as Gmail, Outlook or others is used. Only e-mail addresses of the OVGU are allowed as senders.
The main e-mail address is not used. The main e-mail address can be checked at urz.ovgu.de/en/account ➜ Manage Account.
I get a message that no valid attachments were found.
A Word, Excel or PowerPoint file is probably being tried to print. Only PDF files are accepted. Save the documents as PDF files and try again.
How much print and copy credit do I have?
The print credit can be checked at https://ppcapp.ovgu.de/client
How can I top up the print and copy credit?
The terminal for charging the print credit is accessible.
The student ID card can be charged in the Mensa foyer. Information on how to recharge the student ID card can be found at the Studentenwerk: https://www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/corona/
Can I print from the UBS stick?
No, printing from the USB stick is not possible.
Can I print posters via this method?
No, poster printing is not possible via this method.