OpenConnect under Linux
- Install OpenConnect.
- Open a terminal window and enter the following command according to the operating system used:
- Dabian-based distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint):
sudo apt install network-manager-openconnect-gnome
- RHEL-based distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora):
sudo yum install network-manager-openconnect-gnome
- SuSE (Open SuSE, SLES, SLED):
sudo zypper install network-manager-openconnect-gnome
- Open the network settings.
- Add a new connection type
- The location of the Add button (+ symbol) may differ depending on the operating system you are using.
- Select (VPN >) VPN connection compatible with Cisco AnyConnect (openconnect) from the list.
- On the Identity tab, enter vpn.ovgu.de as gateway.
- Customize the connection name (e.g. OVGU VPN).
- Save the VPN connection by clicking Add.
- Activate the newly added VPN connection.
- Enter the user name and password of your OVGU account.
Information on using eResources of the library of the campus network (external use)
Last Modification: 16.04.2020
- Contact Person: