Setting up eduroam under Linux with NetworkManager
- Valid OVGU-Account of the University of Magdeburg
- Network connection via Wi-Fi is configured for automatic obtaining of an IP address via DHCP
- Click on the Network Manager icon and select the eduroam network.
In the next window you are asked for the authentication details:
- Security: WPA & WPA2-Enterprise
- Authentication: Protected EAP (or: PEAP)
- Anonymous identity: email@example.com
- Domain: uni-magdeburg.de
- CA certifiacate: USERTrust RSA Certification Authority
- The CA certificate is normally pre-installed and can be found under the following path: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
- PEAP version: Automatic
- Innere authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username: Your username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Your Password
- Click on the Connect button when you are finished.