Cisco AnyConnect unter Linux
- Open a terminal window and change to the folder where you saved the file (e.g. /home/<user>/Downloads).
- Unpack the file with the command tar xzf <filename_of_download>.tar.gz (e.g. tar xzf /home/<user>/Downloads/Linux64-<version_number>.tar.gz).
- Change to the folder of the script (e.g. cd /home/<user>/Downloads/anyconnect-linux64-<version_number>/vpn).
- Switch to SuperUser mode and enter your password (e.g. sudo -s).
- Now install the AnyConnect with the help of the command ./vpn_install.sh.
- Exit the terminal and start the AnyConnect: Start menu > Internet > Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client
Establishing the VPN connection
- Next enter the vpn.ovgu.de in the input field Connect to click on Select.
- In the next two input fields enter your Username and Password
- Click Connect to connect.
Terminating the VPN connection
- To do this, click Disconnect in the AnyConnect Client window or right-click on the AnyConnect icon (closed padlock) in the taskbar and select Disconnect.