- The administrators and moderators must have valid OVGU-Email-Addresses.
- The name of the mailing list has the ending -l (e.g. email@example.com).
Request for a mailing list
When requesting a mailing list, the following information is mandatory:
- the name of the list (must end in -l, otherwise we add the suffix -l automatically) and the domain (e.g. @ovgu.de)
- the names and Email addresses of the list administrators
- the required language settings for the list
- a short description of the purpose of the list
At the moment there are 2 ways to apply for a mailing list:
- You can request a list via the customer portal.
- You can send a Email with the relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administration of mailing lists via the web interface
The administrators and moderators can manage their mailing lists via a central web interface. This can be reached at the following address: https://listserv.ovgu.de/mailman/admin/
We have compiled a quick reference in German for list administrators, which you can find here: Quick reference for administrators
If you have any problems or questions regarding the administration of your list, you can always contact email@example.com. We are happy to help you.
Subscribing to a list
To subscribe to a list, open the page https://listserv.ovgu.de/mailman/listinfo/
Now enter in the field "Your Email address:" the Email address which should be added to the list and then click on "Subscribe".
Depending on the settings that the administrator has defined for the list, you will receive an email that you have to confirm or you have to wait until the administrator confirms your subscription.